- Be at least 17 years of age
- Own a valid provisional driving licence (for the type of vehicle being used - manual or automatic)
- Be fully insured to drive the vehicle
- Inspect and ensure the vehicle is in a safe and legal condition for road use
- Meet the legal minimum eyesight standards for driving road vehicles
- Ensure they are supervised by a person who has a valid drivers licence which they have held for at least three years and who is at least 21 years of age.
- Put L Plates on the front as well as the back of their vehicle with clear visibility to all other road users.
As a Professional Driving School, we take full responsibility in ensuring that prior to taking lessons - all necessary background checks and legal requirements are met. Below is a check list which gives you an insight into what the legal requirements are for ALL Learner Drivers
The Learner Driver Must: